Urad dal is also known as Black gram or Black lentil. Grown in the southern parts of Asia, Urad dal holds a special place in the plant kingdom, as it contains essential Fatty Acids. Fatty Acids are significant because our bodies cannot produce them, even though they are a vital nutrient for the human body- mainly for the human brain. Urad dal is used as an essential ingredient in Indian cuisine and part of a healthy diet. Urad dal also contains protein, fat, and carbohydrates, which are necessary for the body.
To ensure the authenticity of our pulses, grains are grown completely pesticide-free, no chemicals are used while cleaning the dal and they are kept entirely unpolished and natural
|Expiry||12 months from date of packaging|
|Suitable for||Everyone can consume, great for kids & elderly as its 100% natural and free from preservatives and chemicals|
Why should you buy?
- Non factory made
- Made in small batches
- Hand Roasted & Stone Ground
- Full of nutrients & fibre
- No artificial preservatives
- No artificial colorant
Benefits of Urad Dal
Urad Dal is a natural product having several health benefits such as:
- Increases energy
- Strengthens nervous system
- Promotes hair growth when used as a hair pack.
- Improves bone health
- Lowers pain and inflammation
Uses of Urad Dal
Urad dal can be used in making several breakfast dishes of South Indian cuisine such as dosa (dal pancake), idli (rice and urad dal balls), vada (fretters), dip (urad dal chutney), sweet dish (urad dal ladoo). Urad dal can also be used to make milk using its powder (urad dal milk).
How is the product created at Natureship?
We use natural stone grinding method to process the grains. The benefits of Stone grinding are umpteen.
Benefits of Natural Stone Grinding
- Slow massaging process at cool temperature preserves all nutrients
- Releases natural oils & distributes them uniformly
- Results in low glycemic index & high fiber content
- Higher temperature at mills destroys most of the nutrients, which is preserved in traditional methods