Chana Sattu is Bihar’s local and traditional staple it’s also known as roasted Gram Flour. At Natureship we bring to you our products that have the magical trio – Authenticity, 100% Handmade and Straight from village.
Our products are hand made using traditional processing techniques like natural stone grinding that is done by small scale women farmers from a village in Jharkhand. From the harvest of the pluses to the grinding and packaging is all organically done by these very women so, when you’re buying from us you can ensure that you’ll be providing some essential financial aid and employment to the rural women of Jharkhand and Bihar.
Our Unique Process – Hand Roasting & Stone Grinding Chakki by Hand
- Sourcing the Desi grains – We source the best desi produce from our farmers
We source locally grown & chemical-free desi produce from women farmer in india.We are dedicated to providing our customers with the finest, chemical-free desi grains while contributing positively to the farming communities and the environment.
- Traditional Cleaning & Sun drying – We do traditional sun-drying & cleaning
Both sun-drying and cleaning is a 100% natural process and Hand cleaning requires no use of chemicals or machines. Our dedication to traditional sun-drying and hand cleaning not only ensures the highest quality and safety of your products but also aligns with environmentally sustainable practices and cultural preservation.
- Hand Roasting – We do Hand-Roasting in small batches
We Hand-roast the produce in small batches; which helps in enhancing its aroma and fragrance. Our commitment to hand-roasting in small batches is a testament to our passion for delivering a superior product. It’s a labour-intensive process that we embrace
wholeheartedly because we believe it’s the best way to showcase the natural beauty and richness of the produce we work with. From the moment you open one of our products, you’ll experience the difference that hand-roasting makes in enhancing aroma, fragrance, and overall quality.
- Stone Ground By Hand – Grinding process (chakki) by hand
We manually stone-grind the produce and only about a kg is produced in one hour. Only about 45-55 rotations are done in an hour. The low speed is like magic during hand grinding. It releases all vitamins and nutrients that are lost in mills due to high speed grinding. Chana Sattu when stone ground and hand roasted delivers additional nutrients Like insoluble dietary fibres and Vitamin B (folate) that is exclusively present in the bran and germ that is otherwise removed in mechanical milling or by the use of oxidative chemicals .Vitamin B is essential for the production of red and white blood cells in the bone marrow, convertion of carbohydrates into energy and cerebral development .
Benefits of Super Food – Chana Sattu
- Weight loss-Chana Sattu is a valuable ally for weight loss
due to its high protein content, low calorie density, and fiber-rich composition. By promoting satiety, providing sustainable energy, and contributing to digestive health, Chana Sattu can play a beneficial role in achieving and maintaining a healthy weight when integrated into a well rounded weight loss plan
- Cooling Agent- Not only does it help in regulating body temperature and keeping internal organs at ease, but it also provides a quick energy boost, making it a refreshing and nutritious choice during the scorching summer months. Incorporating Chana Sattu into your diet can be a simple and natural way to beat the heat and stay energized.
- Insoluble fibre-Chana Sattu is high in insoluble fibre that helps cleanse your colon helps control flatulence, constipation and acidity. The high fibre content of sattu controls the increase of cholesterol and balances it by providing more of good cholesterol in the body.
- Instant cooling effect-Chana Sattu is rich in magnesium and manganese and low on sodium
thus it provides instant energy and also works as a cooling agent that further
keeps the internal organs at ease
- Rich in Iron- The additional iron content in sattu helps reduce hair fall inproves
the quality of hair by increasing the
oxygen flow to the hair roots. It’s proven to have contributed to healthy skin
- Low glycemic index-Low glycemic index of
sattu is good for diabetic people, consuming sattu on a daily basis keeps blood
sugar levels under control and also regulates blood pressure.
Some Recipes to try at Home –
- Sattu buttermilk shake- For this, you need to take a glass, add 4 tbsp sattu, 1.4 cup of plain/masala buttermilk, salt and black pepper to taste, ½ tsp chaat masala, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves. Stir well and drink.
- Sattu ka cheela-Take a deep mixing bowl, add 8-10 tbsp sattu, 4 tsp besan, 1 tsp turmeric powder, salt and pepper to taste, 1 chopped onion, 3-4 garlic, 1 tsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp curd and make a batter using water or buttermilk for cheela. Use a ladle to shape cheela on a non-stick pan, apply oil and cook from both the sides till golden brown in colour. Serve hot with green chutney or ketchup
- Sattu ke ladoo-Take a deep mixing bowl, add 200 gms sattu, add ½ cup desi ghee, and 400 grams powdered jaggery. Mix all the ingredients to form a thick dough. Now, shape medium size balls and allow it to rest for 20 mins in a cold space