Chana Dal (500 gm)
Chana dal also known as Desi chickpeas are a part of the vegetarian diet in India. It looks and tastes like small kernels of sweet corn. It is an excellent source of protein and has a much higher fiber content. It is rich in zinc, folate and calcium. Chana dal is delicious, nutritious and easily digested. Being an extremely versatile legume, it is widely used in a variety of Middle Eastern and Indian dishes. Chana dal is one of those lentils that has a very low glycemic index and is suitable even to those with diabetes.
To ensure the authenticity of our pulses, grains are grown completely pesticide-free, no chemicals are used while cleaning the dals and they are kept entirely unpolished and natural.
|Expiry||12 months from date of packaging|
|Suitable for||Everyone can consume, great for kids & elderly as its 100% natural and free from preservatives and chemicals|
Why should you buy?
- Non factory made
- Made in small batches
- Hand Roasted & Stone Ground
- Full of nutrients & fibre
- No artificial preservatives
- No artificial colorant
Benefits of Chana Dal
Chana Dal is a natural product having several health benefits such as:
- Builds immunity
- Lowers blood sugar
- Excellent source of protein
- Lowers blood pressure
- Superfood for pregnant women
- Good for bones, teeth and eyes
Uses of Chana Dal
Chana Dal can be used in making soups, salads, curries, dumplings (dal pitha), cutlets (kebabs and aloo & dal tikki), sweet dishes (carrot goju, popular south indian dish) and rice dishes. The dal can also be roasted and powdered into chickpea flour (besan), another ingredient that is widely used in almost every province of India.
Mediterreanean and Arabic cuisine also utilizes Chana Dal in a variety of dishes.
How is the product created at Natureship?
We use natural stone grinding method to process the grains. The benefits of Stone grinding are umpteen
Benefits of Natural Stone Grinding
- Slow massaging process at cool temperature preserves all nutrients
- Releases natural oils & distributes them uniformly
- Results in low glycemic index & high fiber content
- Higher temperature at mills destroys most of the nutrients, which is preserved in traditional methods